Friday, June 11, 2010

Heard Today.....

I walked into a shop today after a rosewood bed frame caught my eye:


Sales rep:
Mam, you like wood? This is rosewood; solid wood. Very nice. You like wood? What kind of wood do you like?

Me (smiling):
I like................. dark wood.

Sales rep:
Rosewood is dark wood, so you like this? This is a sleigh bed, high and comfortable. Got matching side table also.

Me:
Oh, ok, nice bed frame but I don't fancy the side table leh. (I found it a little too 'european classical' if combined with the bed)
Oh, it's high bed yeah..... it's nice I agree. I am deciding between a high bed and those low bedframe with broad sides.

Sales rep:
Oh, those resort style beds? It's very bulky. And only suitable for old people. This rosewood bed, good for young people like you. We sell a lot, we know.

Me: huh? Resort style only for old people?!!

Sales rep:
Yah, and you sure will get tired of resort style. This sleigh bed, classic, you will not get tired of it.


Now now now...........


Resort style beds:
Bulky? Yes.
For old people: NO!
Will I get tired of returning to a 'resort' (assuming my house were designed that way): I don't think so.


That rosewood bed:
Nice? It is.
For young people? It's of a european classical design, I think it appeals only to some.
Will I get tired of it? For a S$2450 bedframe, more like I will regret.


Goes to show, when a sales rep is hungry for business, she'll go all out to say the most ridiculous things.


till later

No comments:

Post a Comment