Friday, June 11, 2010

1 Down, Few More To Go....

After a few days of pondering and musing, I came to a decision.


Instead of paying S$1900 + for this:



Well, I reckon it will be a nice centrepiece for the house since it is 'customised', but I deem it too pricey for what it's worth - a big piece of wood with plastic laminate. Plus, should I not like the final product, I might just end up kicking myself for such an expensive mistake.


And so, after surfing the net, flipping through various decor magazines and talking to a few more friends, I headed out to Park Mall and bought this:




High-Gloss black with steel stands; modular and flexible (I can decide to change 'sides' if I got tired of it), it is a perfect match to my existing black glass coffee table which I intend to reuse.


With an extra CD cabinet module, I paid the grand price of S$830 total, after the sales rep told me there is a 30% storewide discount due to the Great Singapore Sale.


Woot! I am a happy bird!


Prior to Cellini, I had gone hunting at a few other shops, including the atas John Erdos. I saw something I like at John Erdos and got real excited after they told me they could customise the designs to my requirements. Two days later, the quote came in and a simple console would set me back by S$2500!


Sigh... it would be nice to have a piece of designer furniture in the house but practicality ruled at the end of the day. It doesn't make money sense to save S$1900 from the contractor only to pay S$2500 to a furniture shop (Let's just say I was mindful not to get into the devious temptation of 'impulse buy' hehe..).


With the TV console out of the way now, it's time to tackle other decisions - the dining table, the bed.....etc etc etc


till later.

No comments:

Post a Comment