Wednesday, May 12, 2010

You Know What ?

I haven't been able to update this space because:


1. Work has been keeping me supremely busy before Siem Reap and busier upon my return. If not for the coming Monday's event (as well as the Cambodian getaway), I would be in chilly London shopping to my heart's content, riding on the favorable Sterling pound exchange rate. And not get all hot, sticky and sweaty and absolutely pissed with the.....hot, and stuffy weather in Singapore!

Side note: It is ABSOLUTELY WARM when you can still break out in a sweat with your aircon blasting at 16 Deg C. This is bad.


2. I have been occupied with the renovation preparations for my new abode. In all honesty, it is starting to bother me alot. What used to be exciting shopping for new furniture and fixtures, I am beginning to find it a chore. Probably because I can be rather undecisive with....making decisions which is a BIG IRONY because I am fairly quick and decisive with commercial decisions.


Then again, what do you do when the contractor asks if you want a 2-bowl sink with rim, or a 2-bowl sink without rim? Or, would you prefer gloss finish over matt finish paints for your walls. Fairly straightforward questions needing straightforward answers - I know. But it is that fear of making the wrong decision that will bear consequences which I may end up kicking myself for.


I have that high expectations of myself. Or some would say, the fear of failure?


Heck, I use to find renovations fun. Doing up my own place should be fun because this time round, I am the Boss. I decide. Then I realise it was fun then because Mummy was around to give me the guidance and insist on her anal-ness (which will make sense at some point although it sounds ridiculous initially), and she would front the negotiations herself. I would merely accompany her at procuring the necessary funiture and fixtures when asked to.


I miss Mummy. Especially at times like these.


till later.

No comments:

Post a Comment