Friday, July 30, 2010

Sick.

After constant nagging at the girls in the office about keeping well, it became my turn to fall sick.

It started off with a dry scratchy throat and by Day 2, I was purging thick yellow bloody phlegm. Along with it I felt tired all the time. Especially when driving, I would feel very sleepy and be yawning away.


And so, I paid a visit to my GP.


The diagnosis: Flu with sinusitis.


Apparently the flu virus these days has mutated to a form where one does not experience the usual symptoms. I, for one, did not experience running fever or running nose (instead I merely had the nasal block); and next in line to the flu symptom is, surprisingly, gastric flu.


And doctors these days do not prescribe lozenges for sore throats because it is deemed to do more harm than good by introducing the virus into the stomach, leading to once again, gastric flu!


And so, I left the clinic with 5 types of medicine: antibiotics for the throat, meds for the inflammation of the throat, muscle relaxant to ease the nasal area so as to prevent the mild sinusitis condition to a chronic one; some meds for running nose, just in case, and another I can't remember for what.


Along with it, 1 day's medical leave so that I can sleep.


Sleep I did, some 13 hours of it; so much so that I became groggy from sleeping. But at least the meds worked. The gangrene-colored phlegm has cleared up and i feel less tired. At the very least I could focus on getting the cabinets cleared out for tomorrow's recyling bags collection.


Ok, time for meds again!


till later.

No comments:

Post a Comment